Sneaker cleaning for sneakerheads: plus, our favourite sneaker releases of all-time
There’s nothing quite like a fresh pair of kicks.
A crisp white sneaker, a colourful new release, or a limited time drop from your favourite designer.
To keep your sneakers looking their best, regular maintenance and up-keep is required. But not to worry. If you consider yourself a sneakerhead, we’ve got you covered.
To make things easy, we’ve included everything you need to keep your sneakers looking their best, in one handy kit. Walter’s Sneaker Kit comes with the essential tools and products for sneaker cleaning.
The gel cleaner is specially formulated to scrub out the toughest stains, and will leave your sneakers looking like new again after every wear.
ABOUT WALTER’S GEL CLEANER
- Eco-friendly cleaner with durable bristle brushes.
- Suited for most types of sneakers and casual shoes.
- Great for cleaning outsoles; easy, all-in-one application.
- 100% recyclable packaging.
Walter’s Gel Cleaner comes in a 125ml (4.2 oz) bottle. Guaranteed to last for at least a dozen pairs of cleanings. For best use, we recommend purchasing a fresh bottle each season.
HOW TO USE WALTER’S GEL CLEANER
- Prep your shoe: Before adding any product, it’s important to remove loose dirt and debris that can cause staining. Brush firmly and thoroughly using our multi-function brush.
- Release the gel by pressing down the red nib on the head of the cleaning brush.
- Work up a hearty lather of gel by mixing in a circular motion on a clean, hard surface.
- Wipe away any excess gel with a cloth (such as this one) and repeat as needed until complete.
- Optional: Spray with Walter’s Eco-Protect Spray and create an invisible waterproof barrier to repel dirt and stains.
OUR FAVOURITE SNEAKER RELEASES OF ALL-TIME
Our favourite ‘Dad’ shoe hails from England. Released in 1988, you can either love them or hate them, but one thing’s for sure: they’re still a practical and timeless classic, even in 2019.
Tennis superstar Andre Agassi catapulted the Air Tech Challenge II into the limelight in the early 90’s, changing not only the game of tennis, but the sneaker game off-the-court. Agassi notoriously referred to his signature colour as “hot lava”.
1. Air Jordan 1
There are dozens of Air Jordans, but the Air Jordan 1 was the one that started it all. Michael Jordan and Nike changed the landscape of footwear and basketball forever in 1985. To add to the shoe’s great history, the NBA famously banned the prototype Black and Red Air Jordan 1 for featuring non-regulation colours. Nike eventually came up with the “Chicago” Air Jordan 1, and a legacy was born.